We’ve now been here for five weeks (when will I stop counting?) and it’s hard to remember life before the farm. This place fits us very well. Here’s a few tidbits to update you on life and work at World Hunger Relief (now on twitter. okay, it’s me twittering, but still).
- My goat milking skills have vastly improved. It may be my singing soft rock love songs to them that does the trick. Whatever works.
- I’ve settled into my current role in charge of our local education outreach (tour groups, service learning + other office-like nonsense).
- I’m currently absorbing “Storey’s Guide to Raising Poultry” since I am somewhat in charge of our flock of laying hens.
- Re: above My skills at catching chickens is something to behold. I may have found my calling.
- I’m working with some other interns on a graywater reuse system for our dormitory and getting the farm’s well and septic system up to code so we can get off that chemically enhanced city water.
- May be attending the American Community Gardening Conference in Columbus, OH
- Still looking for a job…
That’s the short of it.
0 comments on “Twice Weekly Farm Update”